GLL Change, Transition & Uncertainty
Gospel Lens Look at change, transition & uncertainty
October 5 - December 12, 2017, 10:00 - 11:30 am ET (every other week), Virtual Zoom Group
Is this Cohort for you?
1. Are experiencing some kind of uncertainty?
2. Do any of these synonyms describe your current experience: ambiguity ambivalence anticipation anxiety bewilderment concern confusion dilemma disquiet distrust doubtfulness enthusiasm excitement glad of, hesitancy incertitude indecision irresolution mistrust misgiving motivating quandary thrill stimulating uneasiness unpredictability vagueness worry
And finally, if you answer "yes" to question #3 even if you don't know how to get there or feel like you are in the dark or have lost hope....then this Cohort is definitely for you!!
3. Would you be willing to experience uncertainty if it brought you?
- A taste of worship
- The comfort of the Father
- The freedom of the cross
- The opportunity to know God more deeply and passionately
- The ability to love others and walk beside them with honesty, integrity and compassion
So much of what we experience is like sitting in the dark and wondering where God is....
Lauren Winner writes in Notes on a Mid-Faith Crisis, “What if this darkness is a gift. What if I am being shown something about the mystery of who God is? What if I am being shown something I might not see in the light? What if I would look? What would I see?”
You are invited to journey alongside as we explore the mystery of God and slow down enough to sit with each other in the dark that we might find the treasures of darkness together.
The Gospel Lens Look at Change, Transition & Uncertainty will be led by Jenny Dorsey.
Jenny grew up as a missionary kid (MK) in Peru, so it's hard to faze her. But after attending the Church Planting Assessment Center with her husband, Jason, they fell flat on their faces. They had to put the good news of the gospel to the test: was it really possible to admit to beging broken people, and still believe they were loved by God beyond their imagination? They began to tackle the issues raised and received the green light to plant. She partnered alongside Jason to lead Redeemer Indianapolis, help birth a new presbytery, and launch a daughter congregation. They are currently revitalizing Redeemer Redwood (Washington). They have been married 23 years and have 4 children whose names all begin with “J”. She loves porch sitting, drinking good, dark coffee and collecting miniatures for her dollhouse.